NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Food and Farms Manager and Educator
About: Groundwork Sommerville
Position Summary: Groundwork Somerville seeks a passionate individual who is excited to build dynamic relationships between people, gardens, and fresh food! The Food and Farms Manager and Educator will join a team dedicated to working for food, environmental, and health justice in the Somerville community. You will be an integral part of providing high quality youth programming, growing affordable, culturally-relevant food, and connecting our community to the land we live on. Groundwork Somerville is a small, collaborative team of individuals who care deeply about the mission of our organization.
- Manage all agricultural sites and projects
- Manage farmers markets and food access projects
- Manage and lead school garden and urban farm education programs
- Oversee food and farm outreach events
- Manage and maintain relationships with key collaborating partners
- Experience successfully managing small farms or large gardens using sustainable, organic methods, including planning and maintenance; Preference for experience in urban environments and growing vegetables for market;
- Experience supervising volunteers, interns, or teen employees in farm work;
- Preference for candidate with experience managing farmers markets. Minimum requirement of experience with customer service and multiple stakeholder collaboration;
- Experience with teaching and curriculum design (focus on ages pre K- 8th grade); Preference for experience working with or within public school districts;
- Experience working with multiple partners, including nonprofit, government, community groups, businesses, and individuals;
- Experience as a leader with overall responsibility for program success; including ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines;
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively with colleagues as well as independently;
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills including experience and comfort working with google suite, microsoft office, and point of service systems;
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in multicultural, multilingual, and age-diverse settings
- Commitment to Groundwork Somerville's mission including youth empowerment, anti-racism, and other forms of anti-oppression work;
- Preference for candidate who is able to communicate in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, and/or other languages commonly spoken in Somerville.
- Preference for candidate who is part of, or familiar with, the Somerville community.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting salary: $40,000. Employee benefits include employer payment of 50% of health insurance and excellent paid time off benefits. This position reports to the Executive Director and is an exempt, full-time position requiring some evening and weekend hours.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with an ideal start date between July 15-August 1st, 2019. Delayed start date or soft start (at less than full time) is a possibility, to be negotiated during the interview process. Must be available to start in some capacity by September 1st. Please submit resume and cover letter describing your relevant experience and interests as a single PDF document to: email@example.com.
About the job
|Date||10 July 2019|