NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Program Manager
Square Roots is an urban farming company. We grow nutritious food, year round, using indoor vertical farming systems. Our mission is to bring local, real food to people in cities by empowering next-gen leaders in urban farming—because the more of us working to shape the future of food, the better.
That’s why we set up the Square Roots Next-Gen Farmer Training Program—to share the nuances of indoor urban farming and bring fresh, locally-grown food to ever-increasing populations in cities. If we’re going to change the food system, we need to create more pathways for young people to launch successful careers in farming. Each year we recruit and train a cohort of Next-Gen Farmers, providing an onramp into the agriculture industry and a world of opportunity.
We’re a young company (just pushing three years old) with the potential and ambition to change the way people connect to their food. Everyone on the Square Roots team—from farmers to software developers, from brand strategists to financial analysts—is ready to make a massive impact in urban farming and the future of the global food industry.
We’re now looking for a Program Manager to fit seamlessly into our mission-driven, busy team and help us launch our first satellite campus. This position is responsible for coordinating and administering the Next-Gen Farmer Training Program as developed by SR HQ.
In collaboration with the Farm Manager, the Program Manager will prepare for, implement, and act as co-lead educator and coordinator for our Next-Gen Farmer Training Program utilizing training materials developed by Square Roots HQ. The Program Manager will be accountable for farmer success throughout the program and will also help farmers explore what comes after. This position reports to the Head of Programming in Brooklyn.
- Program management / administration:
- Program Implementation
- Program Evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and 2 year relevant work experience in program management, education, agriculture, environmental studies, public health other related field OR 3+ years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience managing educational, vocational or training programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of communicating with individuals and groups throughout the organization.
- Willingness to work occasional long hours
- Proven ability to take direction and meet required deadlines
- High level of integrity with strong emphasis on result oriented outcomes
- BIG PLUS: Food service or on farm experience
- BIG PLUS: Familiarity with and connections to local/regional food scene
- BIG PLUS: Experience with effective diversity, equity and inclusion practices
- BIG PLUS: Fan of local, real food & excited to transform the industrial food system
About the job
|Location||Brooklyn, New York|
|Date||27 July 2019|