Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Farm Manager
The Farm Manager helps to facilitate the successful daily operations of the farm with strong leadership, clear communication, organization and a desire for excellence. The Farm Manager coordinates the individual members of the crew and the farm’s various operations to ensure that farm goals are met and the operation is efficient, while producing exceptional products and services. The Farm Manager is charged with overseeing the crew and their task execution, as well as being a part of the operational team, helping to carry out routine tasks and projects. This person is also involved with budgeting and budget management, project and contractor coordination, and regulatory compliance.
- 1. Oversee day to day, weekly and seasonal operations of the crew, including planning, operations and repair and maintenance. Requires developing operational proficiency in each enterprise within the farm.
- 2. Participate in annual planning and budgeting process, and the on-going financial oversight of the operations.
- 3. Oversee day-to-day QA/QC
- 4. Oversee crew including scheduling, setting priorities, providing direction and instruction, providing structure and feedback, and reviews
- 5. Work plan development and management.
- 6. Project execution and oversight.
- 7. Equipment purchasing.
- 8. Manage scheduling gaps, ensuring weekends and other gaps are covered.
- 9. Provide crew training, develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures.
- 10. Oversee and improve upon farm safety plan.
- 11. Oversee, implement and manage farm nutrient and organic management plan, ensure compliance with State, Federal and Vermont Organic Farmer Certification. Maintain all necessary permits and certifications.
- 1. At least three years of farming with management experience, or management experience in a production environment.
- 2. At least three years of tractor or other equipment operation experience.
- 3. Proficient and comfortable with use of computers and programs, including Word, Excel, and email.
- 4. Demonstrated organizational systems and leadership capacity.
- 5. Quick learner, good work rhythm.
- 6. Excellent work ethic and appreciation for efficiency.
- 7. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- 8. Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- 9. Superior personal skills, including communication, stress management, personal awareness, and teamwork.
- 10. Willingness to follow and develop protocols. Curiosity about, and ambition for, operational excellence.
- 11. Budget management, mechanical repair experience appreciated.
- 12. Strong personal commitment to socially and ecologically regenerative businesses and communities.
- 13. Collaborative by nature.
- 14. All candidates must pass a DMV and criminal background check.
Commensurate with experience
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com.
About the job
|Date||03 October 2019|