Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Community Partnership Manager
The CFPAC Community Partnership Manager will support CFPAC’s priorities including policy development, advocacy and implementation by working in coordination with CFPAC Board and staff members, local communities, organizations, vendors, suppliers, processors and producers as well as staff at City of Chicago Departments and Agencies, and national partners. The Community Partnership Manager will serve as a key coordinating and facilitative resource to members and participants in CFPAC’s existing and emerging networks and partnerships. The position will provide coordination support for a Black-Brown group of food system community leaders. CFPAC is looking for a person with at least 5 years of experience facilitating, leading and developing networks and collaborations with deep experience, comfort and sensitivity for working in and partnering with diverse communities.
- Facilitate network member communication, information sharing, interests, and resolution of differences
- Support directly – or identify and coordinate with outside resources that can support – members with interest negotiation, conflict resolution, meeting management and other needed skills.
- Work with members to identify and prioritize network tasks that will advance shared network purpose.
- Guide, smooth, and support interactions among members engaged in network’s tasks.
- Facilitate data collection necessary for assessing and evaluating effectiveness of network activities.
- Identify favorable opportunities members can pursue that address and resolve issues critical to network success.
- Locate, help secure and budget financial and other resources needed to support network operations.
- Build the network by helping identify, connect with and bring in new members from a wide range community-based groups and related sectors.
- Facilitate ways to refresh and renew network capabilities, function and focus
- Support the on-going development of the Urban Stewards Action Network, Food Funding Fridays, and engagement with other local coalitions.
- Collaborate with local decision makers and elected officials.
- Coordinate, build, mobilize and sustain relationships with community and organizational partners.
- Assist with organizing the annual Chicago Food Policy Summit and other events as needed.
- Support the efforts and administration of CFPAC working groups and priorities.
- Work with partners to provide individual and group technical support regarding the Good Food Purchasing Policy.
- Maintain and report expenses as required.
- Ensure ongoing reporting occurs and support generating an annual report on achievements/challenges.
- Present on CFPAC’s work at conferences, universities, and other opportunities that arise.
- Assist with identifying, approaching, and applying to funding sources to ensure sustainability of CFPAC’s mission.
- Support online and social media outreach, updates and publicity.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in building and managing coalitions including planning, developing, and implementing programs, projects and events (food system related experience ideal).
- Coordinating and/or organizing policy campaigns
- Grassroots and foundation fundraising experience
By November 1, 2019, submit email to email@example.com with subject line: CFPAC Community Partnership Manager Application. Application should include: • Resume (including three professional references) • Cover letter including salary expectation
About the job
|Date||10 October 2019|
About the company
|Company name||Chicago Food Policy Action Council|