Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Product Demonstrator
Taking Stock Foods is a startup food business based in St. Paul, MN that provides wholesome food products that support lifestyles of wellness. Our main goal as a company is to establish a level of trust and authenticity as we engage with coworkers, vendors, and customers. We consider honesty, thoroughness and integrity to be the foundational elements of our company culture, impacting all of the networks of people involved in our enterprises. Food unites us all, and we are proud to be producing food products that benefit our physical bodies and create shared community.
The Product Demonstrator reports directly to the Sales and Demo Manager. Flexible scheduling, some travel. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting product demonstrations in retail, tradeshow, and/or special event setting
- Effectively communicating product attributes with potential customers
- Representing Taking Stock’s brand identity
- Occasionally traveling to locations outside of the metro area for demonstrations
- Attending monthly meetings with management
- Marketing and/or Sales experience preferred, especially in a retail and customer environment. Prior experience working with food preferred.
- Access to vehicle and valid driver’s license required. Standard mileage reimbursements provided.
- Access to computer and skills working with Office Suite and/or Google Suite. Company email provided.
- Access to a smartphone to be in contact with Taking Stock personnel as well as main contacts of demonstration stores and venues.
- Ability to carry heavy items (35 pounds), stand on feet for up to 4 hours at a time, transfer and set up sampling tables and equipment.
- Authorization to work legally in the US.
- Stellar interpersonal skills and customer service skills a must.
- An applicant must be well-organized, driven, professional, dependable, a self-starter, and have the ability to work independently. Creativity and love of food a plus.
Compensation and How to Apply:
Compensation: Hourly. Varies depending on qualifications and experience.
Position beginning January 3rd, 2020
Taking resumes from December 6-17, 2019
8-12 hours per week on average (2-3 shifts)
Position includes 3-month probationary period at full compensation. Review and assessment of performance will be conducted at 3-month mark.
Please submit your resume, including references, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Product Demonstrator”. Include a few sentences in the body of the email explaining what drew you to consider this position.
About the job
|Location||St. Paul, MN|
|Date||04 December 2019|