Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Executive Director
The Executive Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for F2M Texas’ staff, programs, expansion and mission execution. This role serves as a cohesive force behind a small team of employees working from home and represents the organization in person at most markets. The Executive Director directly supervises the Director of Operations and Deputy Director.
- Executes the organization’s strategic plan, aims, and deliverables, with guidance from the Board of Directors.
- Develops and maintains organization budget and forecasting.
- Maintains and builds a healthy organizational culture that values and supports staff and all stakeholders.
- Maintains communication the Board of Directors and generates quarterly reports.
- Serves as lead for vendor relations and advisory committee elections.
- Maintains and monitors organization financial health with support from CPA and Bookkeeper.
- Leads and develops grant strategy, implementation, and reporting.
- Manages Human Resources with external support.
- Manages vendor applications.
- Represent Texas Farmers Markets at public facing events including conferences, events, and other engagements.
- Mediate vendor and stakeholder issues as they arise.
- Ensure the organization is complying with, and annually updates, TFM Market Rules.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- 5 years experience in a relevant field, preferably Farmers Markets or nonprofit organizations
- 3 years experience in a management role.
- Passion for local food systems and farmers markets.
- Knowledge of nonprofit organization practices and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge and experience budgeting; experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Ability to work remotely and manage a team who works from home.
- Ability to regularly attend markets on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits:
Texas Farmers Markets provides employees with generous benefits, paid time off, and a flexible and supportive work environment. $60,000 – $65,000 annual salary, depending on experience. This position is available starting as of 12/10/2019.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume with subject line Executive Director to TFM@texasfarmersmarket.org
About the job
|Location||Cedar Park, Texas|
|Date||13 December 2019|