Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Executive Manager and Office Manager
About Center for Ecoliteracy:
Visit: www.ecoliteracy.org and www.
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager is a full-time (5 day, 40-hours per week), exempt position providing direct support to the Executive Director and serving as Office Manager for the Center for Ecoliteracy. This position reports to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of executive support functions, program and event support, and administrative office management. A candidate who applies would be intrinsically well organized and flexible, and is interested in a career path that embraces the challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. This individual will be able to function effectively in a variety of roles within a dynamic environment under minimum supervision.
As Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Prioritize, organize, and provide all program and administrative support to the Executive Director:
- Assist with daily schedule and duties, to include managing the calendar, commitments, and travel arrangements (planning itineraries, developing agendas and meeting materials)
- Interface on behalf of the executive director with external community partners, agencies, and program affiliates to provide program information and administrative coordination
- Plan and provide logistical support to internal and external meetings; supporting pre- and post-communications, arranging logistical details (i.e. catering, equipment, room arrangements, preparation of meeting materials and documents)
- Perform special projects such as researching information, summarizing, evaluating alternatives and preparing briefs
- Monitor, prepare, and reconcile expense reports
- Other duties as assigned.
As Office Manager for the Center for Ecoliteracy
Provide administrative and program support to a small team of staff:
- Coordinate executive schedule and manage calendar to optimize effectiveness and Alignment with organizational priorities
- Manage, order and coordinate program materials needed for presentations, trainings, conferences, and events, ensuring that costs are appropriately managed and expenses are reconciled
- Manage office environment, including furniture, layout and space planning as required, arranging for and supervising maintenance
- Plan and work with staff to manage company events, meetings, and employee activities or special projects
- Coordinate office supplies with administrative coordinator
- Provide general administrative and program support as needed
- Provide relief for administrative coordinator when out of the office
- Assist with human resources functions to include: ordering background checks on potential new hires; assisting new employees with orientation to the organization, benefits enrollment, and tax forms; and maintaining human resources files in accordance with laws, regulations, and established standards.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications
- Intrinsic organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines and project specifications
- Expertise in and ability to assess and recommend office administrative best practices and procedures, including digital and physical file management
- Demonstrated computer knowledge, including skills in MS word, Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with cloud-based services – this is a Macintosh environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Basic budgetary and financial record keeping techniques, excellence in providing and managing receipts
- Knowledge of and experience with basic HR recordkeeping, benefits, and insurance
- Knowledge of and experience with special event support
- Knowledge of training logistics strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary is competitive with other Bay Area non-profit organizations, and is based on experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Email a personalized cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or faxes please.
About the job
|Date||30 December 2019|