Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Food Equity Consultant
DAISA Enterprises is a growing consulting firm bringing entrepreneurial passion and agility to a diverse range of clients to support the realization of equitable food systems and vibrant communities. Projects are at the nexus of food, culture, community, and economic development. DAISA specializes in innovative and community- based approaches to strategy consulting, program design, and management. DAISA is addressing an exciting niche, and has been able to secure nationally significant projects with such clients as The Kresge Foundation, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and ArtPlace America, amongst others, and is launching innovative approaches and investments. DAISA is the facilitator of the national Equitable Food-Oriented Development collaborative (www.efod.org). DAISA is a mission and values-driven company. See: www.daisaenterprises.com/values
- Strong clear understanding of systems and impacts of racism and oppression within US context,
demonstrated track record of personal engagement and leadership in addressing racism and racial
injustice (ideally in the US), experience living and working in diverse communities, able to
contribute credibly and effectively to equitable food systems.
- Experience with food systems projects, ideally multi-stakeholder.
- Our team is constantly being called on to respond to new projects and challenges in food systems change,
from various angles, requiring diverse skills and experiences. We do not expect any candidate to have all of
the four skillsets below, but would love to find a new team member that brings one or two of these to our
team. In your cover letter please succinctly highlight what experience you would bring to the DAISA team
from the following list:
Business planning/development for food enterprises or social enterprises.
o Event logistics planning and/or facilitation (for meetings 25-100 people), ideally incorporating
sustainability and community values.
o Communications, including social, campaign strategy or execution.
o Community mobilization or organizing through arts, including leading storytelling and/or
- Education or work experience that is commensurate with a position of this responsibility. We expect the
successful candidate to possess real world experience leading relevant projects, companies, or organizing
efforts for several years.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, keen attention to detail, strong excel and data analysis
• Self-motivated with proven ability to work effectively within a telecommuting environment/ remote team.
• A willing team player, problem solver, proactive and keen to contribute ideas, while also listening and
responding to different stakeholders and feedback. Empathetic.
• Fluency with workplace technology – Office suite, Google suite, project management tools, social media.
• Some regional and national travel is required (roughly monthly, often for several days at a time).
- Salary commensurate with experience.
• High quality benefits package including health insurance, 401k savings plan, generous paid vacation,
opportunity to participate in company profit sharing plan.
Please send resume and cover letter* to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: February 15, 2020
* Please address these two items within your one page cover letter:
• Prior experience with food projects and work addressing racism and racial injustice.
• Summary of the 1-2 skills you would bring to the team from our list above.
DAISA understands that the problems we work to address exist because racism, oppression, and other structural
inequities prevent equitable health, wealth, and the ability for all of us to realize our full potential. DAISA seeks in all ways
to address these barriers. DAISA is an Equal Opportunities Employer
About the job
|Location||South Madley, MA|
|Date||22 January 2020|