Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Administrative Assistant
Do you enjoy creating order and clarity out of a river of details? Down to Earth Market is looking for an experienced administrator who will report to the President. You will be responsible for running our accounts receivable process, compiling and generating business reports, supporting the administration of several food benefit programs, facilitating market equipment and materials management, HR tasks and various record keeping and reporting activities Help make local food strong. Work in a creative, entrepreneurial setting with a major regional developer of grower-producer farmers markets. Down to Earth Market has been creating and managing farmers' markets for almost 30 years. We're based in Westchester County, NY and manage farmers markets in Westchester County and New York City. We are a small, mission-driven company and Certified B Corp. that believes real food and committed people can make a
difference. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in the creation of a sustainable, local food system by working directly with farmers and artisan food makers.
- Focused, highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent follow-through.
- Collaborative and pro-active in anticipating and completing assignments to
meet company goals.
- Able to keep accurate materials and equipment inventories and coordinate
maintenance, ordering, distribution, and collection of the equipment.
- Able to coordinate and execute tasks according to plans, solve problems as
they arise and respond effectively to changes and challenges.
- Knowledgeable about business processes and reporting, especially
administrative management, accounts receivable, and basic HR.
- Familiar with accounts receivable practices, Quickbooks and MS Excel
including pivot tables and functions. Able to quickly grasp other software
applications as needed.
- Able to produce clear and timely reports.
- This is a permanent full-time position with hourly compensation and benefit.
Apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com . Be sure to include a cover letter telling us something interesting and relevant about yourself and your experience that is not reflected in your resume. No phone calls please.
About the job
|Date||16 February 2020|