Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Operations Associate
Food Link is a growing, Arlington-based food rescue nonprofit. We use the power of volunteers to collect fresh food from food retailers and farms and distribute it to local agencies serving residents in need. We partner with 28 local grocery stores, cafes, and farms to bring high-quality fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy, bread, and prepared foods to 47 social service agencies including afterschool programs, programs for at-risk youth, low income housing facilities, homeless shelters, food pantries, and senior centers.
Food Collection and Food Safety:
- Orchestrate food collection and distribution
- Manage food inventory
- Monitor equipment and food handling to ensure food safety
- Monitor and react to food recalls or other food safety situations
- Conduct food collections and deliveries as necessary
Food Distribution and Partner Collaboration:
- Regularly communicate with food donors and recipient agencies
- Work with recipient agencies to understand their needs and communicate these to volunteers and operations staff
- Provide excellent customer service to partners
- Work collaboratively with the Program Coordinator to establish new partnerships with food donors and recipient agencies
- React to and resolve issues regarding equipment and facilities
- Ensure facilities and equipment are clean and well organized
- Create and maintain schedule for cleaning, inspections, and maintenance of Food Link’s equipment and vehicles
- Works closely with Food Link’s Volunteer Coordinator to direct and manage volunteers
- Provide clear instructions and excellent customer service to volunteers
- Train and monitor volunteers in food safe handling
- Schedule fill-in and last minute volunteers when needed
- Scanning/Filing/Record Keeping
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Maintain food collection and distribution data ensuring that reports are collected and inputted on a timely basis.
- Assist with and participate in events, fundraisers, and outreach
- Complete other roles and tasks as assigned
- Self-starter, motivated and energetic, with effective organization and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work activities in a fast paced environment
- Keen interpersonal communication skills required
- Knowledge of Google Suite
- Operations background, particularly in the food industry or food insecurity preferred
- Knowledge of food safety, Servsafe certification a plus
- Good writing and communication skills
- Adept at learning new software
- Ability to take direction, works well both independently and with a team
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates who are excited about our mission! Send as one document (attachment); your cover letter and resume to: Jobs@Foodlinkma.org Submit applications by March 4.
About the job
|Date||16 February 2020|