Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Education and Outreach Coordinator
The Education and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for supporting and improving the National Farmers Union membership and National Farmers Union Foundation general education programs. The Education and Outreach Coordinator will help plan, execute and evaluate organizational events and outreach strategies. The Coordinator will produce surveys, identify information gaps and improve retention of program participants. Additionally, the Coordinator will provide anectodical and data-driven insight to the NFU Membership Department on how to retain individuals and develop leaders in target states.
Event Planning and Evaluation
- Identify important educational topics and associated speakers and presenters that provide valuable information to program participants.
- Coordinate with speakers and participants and provide pre-conference logistical support.
- For competitive programs, discriminate and review participant applications and provide recommendations.
- Attend and support on-site activities at NFU and NFUF membership and educational events.
- Develop strategies to effectively follow-up and provide post-event information to participants and increase their engagement in Farmers Union.
Communications and Outreach
- Coordinate with NFU Membership, Communications and NFUF Educational departments to ensure that both current and prospective members are receiving effective information.
- Coordinate with NFU Government Relations Department to include contemporary policy issues and facts to audiences targeted by Membership or Education departments.
- Assist with the creation and drafting of fliers, brochures, member cards, renewal letters and other routine correspondence.
Administrative and Operational Support
- Assist with the development and ongoing monitoring of NFU Membership and NFUF general education program budgets.
- Assist with the maintenance of NFU membership and NFUF event registration records.
- Identify and develop strategies to evaluate organizational data and methods to more effectively retain members and educational program participants
- Assist with marketing of the NFU Membership Department, particularly with marketing the value proposition of the NFU general education programs and advocacy work.
- Maintain relationships with key organizational partners.
- Attend key partner meetings and events and represent National Farmers Union.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and client service orientation skills
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritization skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects and tasks with competing deadlines and priorities
- Professional presentation and demeanor. Ability to positively and professionally represent the organization
- Solid judgment and decision-making skills. Ability to analyze, apply critical thinking skills and solve problems
- Self-starter and initiative. Ability to independently manage workload and take ownership for results
- Ability to travel approximately 20%. This includes traveling to national convention annually and to state conventions and conferences as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant and equivalent work experience. Additional education is a plus
- One to three years of experience working in an administrative support role and office environment
- Familiarity with agriculture industry and/or issues is a plus
- Experience supervising or directing the work of others
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. High level of proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Skills in Adobe or design-related software a plus
- Knowledge or skills with database or information management software a plus
How to Apply:
Applications must include a cover letter, writing sample, and resume and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20, 2020. Please add “Education and Outreach Coordinator Application” in the subject line of the email.
About the job
|Date||23 February 2020|
About the company
|Company name||National Farmers Union|