Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Supply Chain Specialist
The Kansas City Food Hub (KCFH) is a farmer-owned, farmer-run cooperative of seventeen small and medium-sized family and non-profit farms aggregating produce, protein, and value-added goods to meet the demands of KC’s middle market including schools, restaurants, corporate cafeterias and grocery stores. Our farmers grow on 300 acres, have 250 years of collected experience, and operate thirty high tunnels and greenhouses for four-season production.
The KCFH improves the economic viability of sustainable local agriculture by coordinating year-round production, supporting emerging growers, and by bringing farmers and buyers together. The KCFH creates a more food secure metro by connecting its residents with food produced locally.
Sales (Est. 40% time):
- Gather market information (i.e., identifying who ready buyers are, where they are, and what they want) and communicate with suppliers (i.e., farmers);
- Build a steady and increasing flow of local and regional food through the hub and grow the regional buyer base.
Supply (Est. 40% time):
- Meet one-on-one with producers to understand what they can or could supply;
- Work specifically with beginning farmers to help them scale-up;
- Administer the Farmer Mentor Program;
- Work with wholesale buyers to understand their demand and communicate this to suppliers;
- Work with West Central Missouri Community Action Agency and the project’s Food Value Chain Coordinator to identify and recruit farm suppliers from the region.
Marketing (Est. 20% time):
- Create marketing materials for The KCFH’s local food products;
- Help grow the brand and increase the visibility of The KCFH to buyers.
Experience in sales and marketing and/or agriculture;
- Knowledge of the Kansas City local food system;
- Independent self-starter with good people skills;
- Organized problem solver;
- Must be able to adapt and work with the team to accomplish the overall goals of the organization;
- Proficient written and verbal communication;
- Bachelor degree or two years of experience in related field;
- Must have valid driver’s license and a working vehicle with proper insurance.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume by March 23rd to firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS? Katie Nixon, BOD president, 816-809-5074 or email@example.com Alicia Ellingsworth, Sales and Production Director, 913-313-8456 or Alicia.firstname.lastname@example.org
About the job
|Location||Kansas City, MO|
|Date||02 March 2020|