Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Farmer Support Specialist
This is a part-time position approximately 15 hours per week located at our training farm in Lisbon, Maine. The Farmer Support Specialist position is designed to help Congolese, Rwandan, and Burundian farmers enrolled in our training program. We are looking for someone who speaks Kinyarwanda fluently with strong English skills. This is an interpretation, training, and technical assistance focused position.
What does the job involve?
- Interpretation during workshops, trainings, and 1-on-1 technical assistance for Kinyarwandan-speaking farmers.
- Work with staff to provide on-site training for farmers.
- Provide phone interpretation as needed for scheduling meetings and workshops
- Support Central African farmers at farmstands and farmers markets as needed.
- Strong communication skills in both English and in Kinyarwanda. Swahili, French, or Portugese language skills are a bonus.
- Ability to work flexible schedules.
- Functional cellphone (we offer a reimbursement for cell phone usage).
- Ability to be on time
- Driver’s License and a good driver
This position will start ASAP and run for 6 months - we expect this will run from July into early December You will work for approximately 15 hours per week. The wage is approximately $16.50 per hour. This position is not eligible for health care from Cultivating Community, but is eligible for other organizational benefits (mileage reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement, vouchers for free vegetables.)
How to Apply:
We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will hire someone if the right candidate is found - please submit an application as quickly as possible. The last date to submit an application is June 22.
To apply, we need three things from you:
1) Write a letter explaining why you are interested in this job and why you are a good candidate.
2) Send a resume or CV that lists your previous work and education experience
3) Send a list of three people, (their names, phone numbers or email addresses) that you have worked for in the past. These people will be your references and should be willing to confirm that you are a good employee. These people can not be members of your family.
Please send these documents by email to Alex Redfield at email@example.com as soon as possible, before June 22.
If you have questions about this job or how to apply, you can call Alex at (207)475-7235.
About the job
|Date||11 June 2020|