Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Food Resource Manager
Ensure appropriate quality, quantity, and variety of inventory at all times.
• Optimize current sourcing program while planning strategically to grow and strengthen the program to best serve our region.
• Maintain and expand local, regional, state, and national partnerships.
• Strengthen donor/vendor relationships and develop new donor/vendor resources. Ensure long-term donor retention. Conduct regular vendor evaluations to ensure good stewardship of Food Bank funds.
• Ensure consistency, quality, and variety of product and most economical use of Food Bank funds.
• Identify vendors and distributors to optimize the acquisition of purchased product.
• Act as liaison between the Food Bank, product donors, and the food industry.
• Monitor inventory regularly to identify products to procure through purchase or donation.
• Select, bid on, and/or purchase product for wholesale, donation, and the State Food Purchase Program as needed and as determined by available resources, with support from Buyer/Planner.
• Work with team members to secure food donors through local donations, government agencies, Feeding America, produce brokers, and other food banks.
Manage several budgets for the procurement of food and non-food resources to support our programs and member network.
• Ensure food is procured in compliance with requirements of our various funding streams.
• Monitor sales trends and availability of product.
• With support from Buyer/Planner, analyze and project product demand to ensure that food supply and available funds consistently mirror the demand throughout the fiscal year.
Participate in continuous improvement.
• Ensure the operations functions, including receiving, storage, and repack are smoothly integrated into the procurement process.
• Provide marketing insights on incoming product to be disseminated by Programs staff.
• Champion growth & improvement in sourcing, distributing & handling fresh produce and other fresh foods as a priority across all food bank teams by working to shorten the time from procurement to distribution, supported by Product Flow Coordinator.
• Provide insights and testing for potential new ERP, procurement planning, and Donor tracking tools, with support from IT and Sourcing staff.
Ensure that all food resource staff are thoroughly trained in all functions of their jobs as well as have a familiarity with functions of the jobs of other team members.
This position supervises the Produce and Agricultural Programs Coordinator, the Product Flow Coordinator, and the Buyer/Planner Coordinator.
• Bachelor's Degree and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of MS Office 365, with proficiency in Excel. Experience with WMS/ERP software preferred.
• Some work schedule flexibility may be required.
• Management experience preferred.
• Produce knowledge and experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Food Safety Certificate within 90 days of employment.
• Valid PA Driver’s License.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply:
Visit the link here to learn more and apply!
About the job
|Date||06 July 2020|