Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Nutrition Services Coordinator
The Nutrition Services Coordinator will respond to referrals provided directly from Community Care Cooperative (C3) and their six health centers in Boston and the surrounding area. The Coordinator will develop service plans customized to meet the individual needs of the member so that they can access the healthy foods they need to best manage their health conditions. This position will primarily work with members remotely, but the role will include in-person visits on an as needed basis. This position requires weekly offsite travel.
- Meet with clients by phone and in-person to identify their individual barriers to healthy food access.
- Design nutritional service plans to meet the needs of each client: this may include provision of food vouchers, transportation vouchers, and household kitchen items; connections to SNAP, WIC, School Meals, and other foods assistance programs; as well as community based programs such as community meals, medically tailored meals, food pantries, and others.
- Maintain connections with clients to ensure that the designed service plan is meeting their needs and adjust as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of communications with clients.
- Meet with health center staff to ensure ongoing communication is effective and timely.
- Promote usage of Project Bread’s FoodSource Hotline.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
- Participate in the annual Walk for Hunger, including working as event staff the weekend of the Walk, attending pre-Walk events as assigned, and supporting Walk for Hunger fundraising efforts.
- Provide administrative support to other Project Bread departments as needed.
- Participate in organization-wide events and meetings and perform other program duties as assigned
- High school diploma with 3+ years of experience.
- Database experience (Salesforce preferred).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working in diverse environments with people of different backgrounds.
- Customer service, public service preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of humor
- fluency in written and spoken Spanish or Cape Verdean Creole.
- Must have own transportation.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter, in MS Word or PDF format, to email@example.com.
Project Bread is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Project Bread is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request special accommodations during the interview process.
About the job
|Date||09 July 2020|