Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Food Sourcing Manager
About Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank:
With your support, we bridge communities and resources throughout southwestern Pennsylvania to help neighbors overcome food insecurity and lead happy, healthy lives.
The Food Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the planned procurement of food and other grocery items for distribution throughout our service area, including overseeing agricultural programs and partnerships.
Ensure appropriate quality, quantity, and variety of inventory at all times.
- Optimize current sourcing program while planning strategically to grow and strengthen the program to best serve our region.
- Maintain and expand local, regional, state, and national partnerships.
- Strengthen donor/vendor relationships and develop new donor/vendor resources. Ensure long-term donor retention. Conduct regular vendor evaluations to ensure good stewardship of Food Bank funds.
- Ensure consistency, quality, and variety of product and most economical use of Food Bank funds.
- Identify vendors and distributors to optimize the acquisition of purchased product.
- Act as liaison between the Food Bank, product donors, and the food industry.
- Monitor inventory regularly to identify products to procure through purchase or donation.
- Select, bid on, and/or purchase product for wholesale, donation, and the State Food Purchase Program as needed and as determined by available resources, with support from Buyer/Planner.
- Work with team members to secure food donors through local donations, government agencies, Feeding America, produce brokers, and other food banks.
- Ensure food is procured in compliance with requirements of our various funding streams.
- Monitor sales trends and availability of product.
- With support from Buyer/Planner, analyze and project product demand to ensure that food supply and available funds consistently mirror the demand throughout the fiscal year.
- Ensure the operations functions, including receiving, storage, and repack are smoothly integrated into the procurement process.
- Provide marketing insights on incoming product to be disseminated by Programs staff.
- Champion growth & improvement in sourcing, distributing & handling fresh produce and other fresh foods as a priority across all food bank teams by working to shorten the time from procurement to distribution, supported by Product Flow Coordinator.
- Provide insights and testing for potential new ERP, procurement planning, and Donor tracking tools, with support from IT and Sourcing staff.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years related experience preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office 365, with proficiency in Excel. Experience with WMS/ERP software preferred.
- Some work schedule flexibility may be required.
- Management experience preferred.
- Produce knowledge and experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Food Safety Certificate within 90 days of employment.
- Valid PA Driver’s License.
- Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances
Wage, Timing, and/or Additional Information:
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Click the link, here, click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
About the job
|Date||21 July 2020|