Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Community Food Connections Manager
About Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank:
With your support, we bridge communities and resources throughout southwestern Pennsylvania to help neighbors overcome food insecurity and lead happy, healthy lives.
Manage Community Food Connections staff to success in our Retail Store Donation Program, Community Table Program and other activities related to the function of soliciting food donations from local donors. This opportunity is for a self-motivated and goal-driven performer who wants to help end food insecurity and reduce food waste.
- Oversee Community Food Connections staff, set donation goals and equip coordinators with the tools and skills they need to achieve those goals
- Secure food donations, maintain donor relationships, and ensure long-term donor retention. Develop new donor resources. Act as liaison between the Food Bank, product donors, Partner Organizations, and the food industry
- Develop and implement plans to increase food donations from retail stores, restaurants, and other local sources. Work to increase agency-enabled donations to ensure the maximum of fresh, healthy food donations are making it to people in need
- Oversee response to unplanned donations and work in conjunction with the Operations staff and member agencies to respond to donation offerings in a prompt, effective and efficient manner
- Monitor donor relations, and recognition programs to demonstrate Food Bank and recipient appreciation
- Provide backup support for other Sourcing functions as needed
- Experience soliciting in-kind donations
- Deep knowledge of food and food systems preferred
- Bachelor’s in a related field and/or five years’ experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office 365 products, WMS, and ERP system
- Some work schedule flexibility may be required
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license
- Food Safety Certificate within 90 days of employment
- Act 33/34 Clearances.
Wage, Timing, and/or Additional Information:
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Go to here, click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
About the job
|Date||21 July 2020|