NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Market Mobile Sales Manager
The Market Mobile Sales Manager will play a key role in the development and implementation of sales strategy and will be the primary point of communications with both farmers and food producers— who sell products through Farm Fresh Rhode Island’s wholesale distribution system, Market Mobile— and their customers, from chefs and caterers to grocers and institutions. This position will report to the Program Director of Food System Enterprise, and will work with the rest of the team to steward and grow strong relationships with farmers and producers alike. The manager is charged with growing participation in Market Mobile while assuring successful relationships with customers.
This position works closely with the Operations Associate and Market Mobile Associate to assure smooth daily operations, and customer and producer satisfaction.
The outcomes below represent the expectations of what this position will be working toward as a leader at Farm Fresh RI.
- Customer Care & Retention: Valuable, personal service is provided with integrity and sincerity. All requests and issues are resolved promptly and proactively with friendly, courteous service. Issues are documented and learned from. Customers are satisfied with our services.
- Outreach to New Customers: Sales numbers grow with customers who are engaged and excited about supporting local food and farms year round. New customers purchase through Market Mobile, while overall purchasing grows across existing customers.
- Systems and Strategy: Tools and methods to track sales, analyze trends, and share feedback with farmers and producers are robust, evaluated regularly, and refined to deliver the best results. Technology systems are enhanced to improve user experiences — for both customers and producers.
- Sales and Operations Work Hand in Hand: All information is ready for the packhouse and deliveries in a timely manner. All paperwork is filled out completely and properly. Drivers and receivers are aware of new products and are able to share information with customers.
- Knowledge of Farmers, Food Producers, and Products: To sell on behalf of farmers and food producers, this position will have a deep understanding of individual farms, farmers, growing practices, seasonal availability, food safety practices, sourcing and production methods. Farmers and food producers are respected partners. Their stories are learned and shared.
- Standing Orders with Customers, Crop Planning with Farmers: Sales for farmers and food producers grow as the result of this position’s ability to make connections and introductions that result in standing orders. Securing standing orders from large customers provides critical data to farmers for crop planning and seed purchasing. Supply and demand grow simultaneously with trusted partners and clearly stated agreements.
- Sourcing Regional Products: Management of inventory systems ensures that regional products are sourced and available for sale. Items held in inventory are well stocked according to customer needs and sold before their sell-by dates. New products are identified, connections are made, and products are sourced and sold.
- Leadership: Teams are cohesive, productive, and efficient. Farm Fresh RI is held in high regard for the quality of our work. Performance standards are achieved and personnel policies upheld.
- Supervision: Employees and volunteers receive oversight on their work. Tasks are delegated effectively with all members accountable for the results of the team.
- Communication & Feedback: All team members receive communication in a timely, respectful, and informative manner. Team members receive constructive feedback and coaching to reach individual and team goals.
- Resource Management: Resources are utilized and preserved in a manner that allows the program to function and thrive.
- Planning: Systems are organized and efficient. Advanced planning ensures all tasks are completed on time.
- Project & Time Management: Teams and individuals accomplish near-term objectives and are strategic in making progress toward long-term goals.
- 3–5 years of management experience.
- Confidence working in a technology driven environment.
- Strong and strategic communications skills across a variety of media.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to think, react, iterate, and redirect in a fast-paced environment.
- Outcomes-oriented project management skills and follow-through.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. There will be regular early mornings shifts. Evenings and occasional weekends will be required depending on the season.
- Ability to lift 50lbs to a height of 3–4 feet.
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license.
- Please send cover letter and resume to Jesse Rye at email@example.com.
- Application deadline: April 29, 2019. Interviews start May 1.
- No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Farm Fresh Rhode Island is committed to the principles of equal opportunity in employment. We encourage enquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Farm Fresh RI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin or disability status in employment or programming. Farm Fresh Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Provider.
About the job
|Location||Pawtucket, Rhode Island|
|Date||28 April 2019|