NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Wholesale Director
About Carmen Ranch:
Carmen Ranch Provisions is one of the most exciting regenerative agriculture businesses in the country and is undergoing rapid growth. We sell grass-fed teeth and pastured pork from a small group of premier producers in the Pacific Northwest. Our customers seeks to bring positive change to the food system through the power of spending and our visionary investors view our businesses as a way to revolutionize food systems and improve the health of our farmers, our farmers, our customers, and the world as a whole
- Restore soil health: Support holistic ranching which sequesters carbon, increases water-holding capacity, and reduces the need for herbicides, pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics.
- Respect animals: Ensure that animal well-being is central to our production practices.
- Produce nutrient-dense food: Provide flavorful, delicious and nutritious meats.
- Support family ranching: Create connections and opportunities that generate sustainable incomes and promote rural community resilience.
We are looking for a confident, dynamic Wholesale Director in Portland, Oregon to join our small team. You are interested in working with retailers, fast casual, fine dining and other customers to meet their needs and collaborating with the Sales Team to grow the business.
The Wholesale Director will be the face of Carman Ranch Provisions for our retail and food service customers. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to analyze data, problem solve, and determine the best ways to prioritize limited time and energy to stabilize and strengthen the business. You will oversee daily operations, monitor customer satisfaction, and synthesize financial performance along with customer feedback into insightful recommendations that inform our strategy and operations.
- Ensuring that the daily business runs smoothly and effectively, including developing a deep understanding of operations, inventory management and sales targets. This will include supervising 1-3 people in customer service, operations and office management.
- Developing and improving relationships with existing retail customers. You will need to be comfortable talking about meat in busy stores with even busier counter staff and tracking feedback about customer experiences.
- Planning and forecasting product demand with customers from regular orders to special events and communicating this information back to the Operations Team to inform weekly processing and allocation.
- Creating targeted sales and merchandising strategies with the Sales Team. Helping to analyze sales data to measure success, anticipate demand, contribute to long-term forecasting, and ensuring that the business meets KPIs.
- Communicating frequently with customers to update them on Carman Ranch developments and learn about their evolving needs and priorities.
- Bringing a flexible and creative mindset to fulfill customer preferences and improve same store sales while helping to manage their expectations.
- Fast and creative problem solving of product, logistic and other challenges.
This position is full-time, salaried and includes a healthcare stipend. Please send a resume and cover letter to to apply.
About the job
|Date||29 April 2019|