NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Farm Manager
About Habitera Farms:
Habitera Farms is an 84 acre farm located in Brentwood, California. Our goal is to grow TASTY and NUTRITIOUS fruits and vegetables in an ORGANIC, NON-GMO and SUSTAINABLE way. The farm will grow almonds, berries and other fruit as well as organic vegetables. The farm will also produce minimally processed food products. Habitera Farms was started in July 2018.
The candidate will be responsible for both the operations and the financial oversight (P&L) of the farm. This individual will recruit and manage the farm staff and contractors. Candidate must be willing to either live on the farm or relocate near to the farm.
This is a salaried position which offers an opportunity for continued learning and personal growth. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong educational background in this area. The Farm Manager will report directly to the farm owner, Anil Godhwani.
- Manage and run the day to day operations including seed starting, cultivating, irrigation, disease and pest control, trellising, harvesting, and post harvest handling.
- Responsible for financial oversight (P&L)
- Hiring a motivated, qualified team to assist with farm operations
- Administrative tasks including record keeping, crop planning, budgeting, goal setting, newsletters, social media updates.
- Manage cover cropping, composting, planting cultivating, weeding/weed suppression, press management, all aspects of soil management, disease scouting and prevention using organic production methods
- Oversee/maintain irrigation system and repairs
- Develop and manage organization and inventory of sheds and storage solutions for farm equipment, materials and supplies consistent with visitor safety, security and general well maintained appearance of the site
- Provide written monthly reports to the Farm Owner
- B.S. in Horticulture, Agriculture, Sustainable Systems or related field desired.
- Continuing education valued, encouraged and paid.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position (desirable)
- Experience with sustainable agriculture (desirable)
- Experience with the organic certification process (desirable)
- Bilingual in Spanish (desirable
Compensation and Benefits:
- $60-75K per year based on experience and fit
- Home on the farm (as needed) at a subsidized rent
- Medical benefits
- Two weeks paid leave per year
Please send resume and questions to Yolanda Zapata at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the job
|Date||02 May 2019|
About the Company
|Company name||Habitera Farms|
|Street||24200 Marsh Creek Road|