About Field to Family:
Field to Family works to create a more local, healthy and sustainable community food system in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids (IC/CR) foodshed. We envision a region where people eat with the seasons, where farmers make a living, and our ecosystem is diverse, abundant, and healthy.
Food Hub Program Associate will assist the Food Hub Manager in the general operations of the Field to Family Food Hub.
- Assist with all aspects of weekly food deliveries including lifting, moving, cleaning, organizing and tracking warehouse equipment.
- Receive, assess/grade and re-stock cases of produce and other local food product.
- Conduct and maintain product inventory and report information to supervisor.
- Maintain food safety protocols for food storage, inventory, equipment and premises.
- Prepare inventory by processing requests and supply orders; pull orders; pack boxes and vehicles; maintain produce storage protocols.
- Utilize GoogleDrive, Microsoft Excel or other management software to efficiently manage and track available product, inventory and customer orders
- Drive refrigerated fleet vehicle (sprinter van or box truck) to receive and deliver food hub product.
- Assist in marketing, promotion and outreach with producers and customers when necessary.
- Maintain connections and professional rapport with producers, buyers and other professionals and advocates in the food system and keep relevant records of all hub contacts.
- Maintain good verbal and written communications with supervisor, staff and external partners.
- Work closely with volunteers, interns, and other personnel as assigned.
- Assist Food Hub Manager, Director of Field to Family, Director of Table to Table, other staff, agency personnel as needed to support operations.
- Valid driver’s license
- Lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
- High-energy individual with a strong work ethic
- Competent working with Google Drive, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with ability to work with limited supervision
- Some warehousing experience, knowledge of operating warehouse equipment (pallet jacket, etc) preferred
- Ability to transition from driving long routes to unloading deliveries quickly
- Produce grading experience preferred.
- Passion for food system work and social justice work is a preference.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse population of the public and work in various communities.
- Team player and supportive of program and community development projects.
To apply: $12-15 per hour- commensurate with experience. Send cover letter, resume, and three references to: Field to Family Food Hub Manager Giselle Bruskewitz at email@example.com or by mail to PO BOX 93, Iowa City, IA 52244 by February 11, 2019.