Organic Association of Kentucky
|Return to Postings|
|Posted On:||Wednesday, 31st May 2017|
PO Box 22244 Lexington, Kentucky
The executive director of the Organic Association of Kentucky will be tasked with helping fulfill OAK’s mission, to help it grow and thrive as an organization. The organization is a young 501c3; priorities include:
-Increasing OAK’s visibility among both the consumers and the agriculture community
-Raising funds and securing relationships that will increase OAK’s future fiscal stability
-Evaluating and improving OAK’s operational systems to improve its effectiveness as a member organization
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission:
- Responsible for leading Organic Association of Kentucky in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization's activities
- Foster effective team work between the Board and the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and contractors/staff/volunteers.
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization:
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Organic Association of Kentucky, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support OAK’s mission
- Working with accountant and bookkeeper, ensure that OAK complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach:
- Responsible for implementation of Organic Association of Kentucky’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that OAK can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of OAK’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate:
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Ensure that personnel, client, donor and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as OAK’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with government and non-government partners, farmers, community groups, agriculture trade groups, and the private sector to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the organization’s overall visibility.
- Supervise and collaborate with contractors and volunteers.
- Conduct/oversee strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization of Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Nonprofit management experience a plus
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of OAK’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of and commitment to fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Strong public speaking ability
This is a contract position for no more than 40 hours per week at $20 per hour plus mileage. email@example.com