Reports to: Executive Director
Rate: $15.91 per hour, 40 hours per week, plus benefits
Status:Full-time, initial 12-month contract with potential for long-term
About the FFC
The Farm Food Collaborative Co-Manager will provide customer service support to farmer and buyer members of the Farm Food Collaborative, the first local food hub operating in North Alabama.
The Farm Food Collaborative (FFC) currently has three types of members:
The central aim of the FFC is to facilitate sales of locally grown fruits and vegetables to local buyers and create easy access to these healthy food choices where residents are–at work, at school and at the grocery store.
- Local farmers;
- Local buyers including schools, workplace cafeterias, restaurants, distributors, grocery stores, and food service contractors;
- Support agencies including the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Alabama Cooperative Extension.
The FFC is a project of the Food Bank of North Alabama, a nonprofit, tax-exempt charity dedicated to ending hunger in the region. The Food Bank supplies8.5million pounds of food a year to a network of250charitablefeeding programs serving over 80,000 residents in north Alabama at risk of hunger. The Food Bank also seeks proactive solutions aimed at addressing hunger’s root causes. To this end, the Food Bank pursues economic development initiatives that strengthen the local food system and support local farmers,local food entrepreneurship,and greater access to healthy food choices.The ideal candidate will have a passion for local food systems and economic revitalization.
About the Job
The FFC co-manager will assist with(a)maintaining positive, long-term relationships among the Collaborative’s membership and(b) coordinating sales,invoices and orders between local farmers and local buyers.
- Serve the Farm Food Collaborative’s membership with the highest degree of transparency, cooperation,and integrity;
- Provide excellent and timely customer service and facilitate positive, proactive and constructive communication among Collaborative members–particularly regarding sales transactions/orders;
- Assist with FFC food safety trainings, membership meetings, and farm-to-plate promotional/educational events at schools, trade shows, and conferences.
- Assist with local food sale orders and coordinate product delivery plus other sales-related logistics(including deliveries).
- Input and maintain sales invoices, bills, packing slips, contact lists, membership agreements and other critical documentation with the highest degree of accuracy;
- Input and maintain FFC’s CRM database with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Assist with food safety plan development provided to the farmer membership;
- Assist with research and development of resources that farmer members need in order to meet the market’s demand and buyer requirements.
- Document activity results for reports to funders, the Food Bank’s Board of Directors and the FFC membership;
- Develop and maintain up-to-date standard operating procedures;
- Local travel is required, some over-night stays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Two years experience in the farming/produce/grocery industry and/or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Agriculture-related or business/marketing/accounting degrees preferred.
- Organizational and planning experience.
- Proficiency using Quickbooks,social media outlets, data base management(Salesforce.com) and Microsoft Office.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills: demonstrated ability to proactively communicate and build rapport with diverse stakeholders; convey transaction details of local food sales in an accurate and timely manner;present written and oral information clearly and translate contractual food safety and reporting requirements in simple terms.
- Approaches duties with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits a friendly,professional demeanor and respect for others’ opinions and participation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to quickly learn new policies and procedures, and navigate the language of food safety compliance.
- Valid Alabama driver’s license with vehicle insurance and access to a personal vehicle for travel.
- Ability to communicate and build positive relationships with farmers, chefs, food service directors, buyers,distributors, grocery store staff, corporate facility directors and funders.
- Personal and professional values aligned with the Farm Food Collaborative’s goal to support thriving family farms, a healthy population and strong local economy.
- Ability to process information through a computer system.
- Ability to communicate with diverse constituents and staff.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to lift 50pounds.
- Ability to drive motor vehicles and travel.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee responsibilities.
Please submit an application, cover letter,and resume by close of business October 20th, firstname.lastname@example.org.Early submission is strongly encouraged as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Applications are available at https://www.foodbanknorthal.org/jobs-2/
More info: www.foodbanknorthal.org.
The Food Bank of North Alabama is an equal opportunity employer and provider.EEO This job description does not constitute a contract.Thank you for your interest.