Food Supplement Nutrition Education (FSNE), is Maryland's SNAP-Ed program.
FSNE delivers educational programming and facilitates Policy, Systems, and
Environmental changes to support the adoption of healthy eating and physical
activity behaviors at sites serving low-income populations.
About the Position
The Smarter Lunchrooms Assistant (SLA) will provide support
to FSNE to facilitate the implementation of SL programming, including the
delivery of training, technical assistance, and materials to school community
sites engaged in FSNE programs in Montgomery County. This is a part-time
position (up to 25 hours/week).
- Perform initial site visits and collect observational data to assess
current conditions and areas of opportunity.
- Lead trainings of cafeteria managers and staff using FSNE materials.
- Manage ordering process and distribution of materials to sites
implementing SL interventions.
- Assist with planning and implementing interventions, including service
line modifications, facilitating taste tests, and coordinating cafeteria
messaging with classroom-based nutrition education.
- Perform technical assistance visits during meal service to assist with
implementation of SL interventions and troubleshoot challenges.
- Assist with collection of data for program evaluation.
- Work school health leaders to support and integrate their work to
create a healthy school environment.
- Meet and communicate regularly with FSNE Smarter Lunchrooms
Coordinator, local FSNE educators, and program partners regarding project
status, challenges, and opportunities for integrating SL work with other FSNE
interventions occurring at the school.
- Communicate with district-level school food service staff to ensure
alignment of goals and methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or related field.
- Holds valid driver’s license.
- Access to personal vehicle for transportation across the state.
- At least one year experience in education or community nutrition.
- Experience developing partnerships with nonprofits, schools, or
Email resume and cover letter to Chrissa Carlson, FSNE Smarter
Lunchrooms Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.