Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Community Programs Coordinator AmeriCorps VISTA member will work directly with YGP’s many community-based programs and events. We are looking for an individual who is flexible, collaborative, able to work independently, exhibits strong leadership, and is enthusiastic about YGP’s mission of cultivating healthy children, families, and community through the process of connecting people with food from seed to table.
Community Programs Management
Manages the following YGP community programs and events including managing supplies, recruiting volunteers/participants, scheduling with staff, marketing/public relations, and evaluating program inputs/outputs:
- Weed 'N' Feeds
- Volunteer Program
- Community Kitchen Rentals
- Various community events and meetings
Public Program Development & General Organizational Capacity Building
- Design and implement new visible and inclusive educational resources for all ages and populations in the region
- Assist in developing new partnerships in the community to support existing and future programs and events
- Continue ongoing outreach to the community and YGP stakeholders through various platforms
- Collaborate in developing YGP's CRM database, re-branding, and public image campaign
- Assist with grant-writing and fundraising events-occasionally beyond standard work week hours
- Experience in volunteer management, non-profit work, and/or community development
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strengths in time management, delegating tasks, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in various scenarios and across all populations
- Experience in data collection, participation tracking, and evaluation.
- Involvement in community event coordination
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, and other social media platforms
- VISTA members are expected to work 40 hours per week
- End of service award ($5,920 education award voucher or approximately $1,800 cash stipend)
- Living allowance ($472.22/every other week)
- Healthcare allowance/ Child care (if applicable)
- Relocation/settling in allowance
- Non-competitive eligibility status for federal jobs (ie for 1 year after service VISTAs can be non-competitively selected for federal jobs, like those with the Park Service, BLM, or other agencies. Applicants do not have to compete, and the hiring process can be much easier!)
- Apply through AmeriCorps VISTA website: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=81299&fromSearch=true.
- Submit a brief cover letter and resume to Kaitlin Thomas, Executive Director at: email@example.com
- Application deadline: November 16th, 2018.