About Butter Beans:
Headquartered in New York, Butter Beans provides healthy school food service and food education with a mission to connect our communities to the food that fuels us throughout the day. We aim to improve thehealth and welfare of communities today by empowering children and adults with the tools to explore nutrition, food seasonality, and the value of healthy eating.
Butter Beans is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and enthusiastic Wellness Program Coordinator to oversee & help execute the successful operations of our food education initiatives & after school cooking classes.
1. Ensure the successful operations of Wellness programs during the school year
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve upon existing operations to help nurture
the growth of Butter Beans Wellness programs.
- Oversee the successful planning for and execution of new and existing Wellness programs.
- Manage the logistical elements of Butter Beans programs, including equipment delivery,
inventory, and any transportation of property between sites.
- Monitor the online cooking class summary submissions from teachers each week, with the aim of continually improving Butter Beans curriculum.
- Update lesson plans in accordance with teacher and client feedback in order to create accurate and concise LPs for future terms and uses.
- Teach cooking classes and special programs, including weekend cooking classes, open houses, community fairs, in-classroom programs, etc. as necessary.
- Assist in the ongoing evaluation and improvement of Butter Beans Wellness initiatives as we continue to grow our programmatic reach.
2. Oversee management and support of Wellness team members
- Communicate with educators effectively and consistently to ensure that all team members have the resources they require for successful programming.
- Write and distribute the weekly cooking class e-mail to educators, including ingredient list, lesson plan, student recipe, and activity guide.
- Help plan and administer training and professional development opportunities for all Wellness staff.
- Serve as a positive resource for Wellness team members, helping identify opportunities to nurture a collaborative and supportive team culture.
- Problem solve with educators when issues arise.
3. Direct effective communications with clients and community members
- Ensure Butter Beans is maximizing its opportunity to reach existing clients and potential new target markets through digital communications and other innovative means.
- Foster positive relationships with school administrators, staff, and parents.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for established after school clients.
- Identify and implement new and creative ways to translate the experience that students have in Butter Beans Wellness programs to the home environment (e.g. recipes, “homework” assignments, take home samples, etc)
- Collect student recipes into cookbook each term and distribute to after school coordinators and parents at the program’s completion.
- Comprise and distribute weekly e-recipe mailing to cooking class parents.
- Craft engaging weekly blog posts featuring the relevant afterschool cooking class recipe.
4. Build upon and enhance existing Wellness curriculum
- Create new lesson plans as required that are accurate and thorough, incorporating the thematic elements of the Butter Beans curriculum which include culinary skills, history and social studies,
math, and science and nutrition.
- Develop new educational resources as required and build upon existing resources.
- Create and improve upon activity sheets that complement the thematic goals of lesson plans.
- Maintain and update Butter Beans virtual library of lesson plans, revising outdated lesson plans as necessary.
5. Manage key elements of Wellness administration
- Organize invoices for cooking classes and wellness programs during the school year.
- Monitor and administer registration for Wellness programs as necessary.
- Manage ADP timecards for Wellness staff, including any missed clock outs.
- Track financial performance of Wellness programs, including monthly financial projections and actuals, and budgeting for any prospective programs.
- Manage floater schedule for Wellness programs, ensuring that all programs are effectively staffed.
- Manage food education e-mail inboxes, responding to inquiries as they arise.
- Other responsibilities, as needed.
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to manage difficult customer situations and respond effectively to requests for service.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and critically.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Highly organized, responsible, creative, dependable, flexible, patient and detail-oriented.
- Team player, problem solver, and analytical thinker with a strong work ethic, high energy, and positive approach.
- Strong prioritization skills with ability to use time effectively, work well under pressure, and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and change approach to best meet the needs of a situation.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about healthy eating, cooking, food, farming, and community wellness.
- Desire to create positive change in our food systems and community health by inspiring and empowering communities to become conscious eaters.
- Demonstrated leadership skills that enables working effectively with team members to accomplish shared goals
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Experience in food service operations preferred.
- Strong understanding of food safety procedures; New York City Department of Health Food Protection. Certificate preferred.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation and benefits, free nutritious lunches when at a client
site, transit-check available, direct-deposit available, training, professional development opportunities, and wellness counseling to all employees.
Please send your resume, brief cover letter, and three work references to email@example.com