Farm and Food Leadership Conference
The 2019 Farm & Food Leadership Conference offers the most speakers, topics, networking opportunities, pre-conference workshops, and exhibitors in the 13-year history of this event!
Whether you are a farmer, rancher, homesteader, home gardener, cottage food producer, local foods activist, or just someone interested in nutritious, sustainably grown foods, you’ll want to be in San Marcos, Texas, Aug. 11-13!
Take Advantage of Early-Bird Rates!
A selection of the Monday and Tuesday sessions includes:
- Perennial crops and agroforestry
- Row crop niche markets – Organic, hemp, and value-added
- Scaling up pastured poultry
- What to look for in a meat processor
- Healthy soils through grazing
- Diversifying with hunting leases, agritourism, and more
- Sheep and goat health
- The Texas Legislative Session – Important new local food laws
- Corporate consolidation in agriculture and food systems
- Wholesale readiness
- Online marketing platforms for producers
- The market for specialty crops
- Three pillars of successful beekeeping
- Filling your table by foraging and hunting
- Youth & local foods
- Finding good food, at the grocery and the farmers’ market
AND we’re offering a track of small-group Q&A sessions for conversations on these topics:
- Fermentation basics
- Connecting small-scale producers to small-scale restaurants and specialty markets
- Connecting small-scale producers to mid-scale markets
- The funding ecosystem – debt basics and “beyond debt”
- Government loan and grant programs for producers
- Veteran opportunities in agriculture
For the full list of topics, go to http://farmandranchfreedom.org/farm-food-leadership-conference/2019program. And be sure to check the current lineup of inspiring and knowledgeable speakers at http://farmandranchfreedom.org/farm-food-leadership-conference/2019-speakers. More are being added each week!
Register while Early Bird rates apply and save 12-16 percent.
The first 100 people to register receive a free subscription
to Oregon Tilth’s “In Good Tilth” magazine!
Don’t Miss Out on These Pre-Conference Workshops
- Optimizing Your Land’s Relationship to Water
- How to Form a Successful Cooperative
- Food Safety for Produce Growers
- Food Safety for Food Facilities
- Maximizing Farm Capital
- Implementing SNAP Incentive Programs at Farmers’ Markets
- Farming and Gardening for Youth
Need Financial Assistance? Scholarships Are Available!
Thanks to a generous grant through the Small Producers Initiative, we have a significant number of scholarship opportunities available this year, with preference given to small farmers.
If possible, we ask that applicants register for the conference and pay the registration fee up-front. The registration form (https://secure.everyaction.com/eFum_OUT1USkmWTgR0Xgvg2)includes an option for you to indicate if you are requesting a scholarship. If approved, we will refund your registration fee within one week after the conference. If you cannot afford to pay the registration fee, please fill out the scholarship application at https://secure.everyaction.com/jhO00eHOP02RSJHE5aziVg2.
|Event End Date||8/13/2019|