National Farm to School Network seeks a skilled and experienced professional to facilitate a strategic planning process for the organization that will set the direction of NFSN beyond 2020. The process aims to review gains made during the 2017-2019 phase, retool strategies as needed, create space for innovation to meet the emerging needs of the movement, and plan for organizational stability and sustainability. Read the full RFP here. Proposals are due no later than Oct. 1, 2018.
Scope of Work and Deliverables:
- Conduct stakeholder interviews / surveys / discussions to gather input on priority topics
- Conduct any secondary research or data analysis to inform discussions and recommended plan
- Participate in monthly check-ins with NFSN leadership staff to provide updates on progress, and flag any items that need further exploration or discussion
- Draft Strategic Plan for presentation and discussion at NFSN’s 2019 Annual Meeting and Advisory Board meeting. The consultant is required to spend 2 nights in Tampa (April 28 and 29) for participation in meetings on April 29 and 30, with a departure on April 30, 2019.
- Finalize all Strategic Plan documents (including a timeline, dashboard to track progress, and a public facing summary) for dissemination
- September 4, 2018: Request for Proposals released
- No later than October 1, 2018, 11:59 pm ET: Proposals Due
- Late October to early November 2018: Phone interviews with finalists
- End of November 2018: Strategic Planning consultant hired
- December 2018 to September 2019: Consultant Period of Performance (10 months)
- End of December 2018: Consultant reviews internal stakeholder discussion notes and outlines final plan of engagement for approval by NFSN
- January-April 2019: External stakeholder interviews/surveys/data collection; any additional discussions with internal stakeholders conducted (virtual)
- April 29-May 2, 2019: In-person discussions with Partners at Annual Meeting
- June 2019: Preliminary draft plan for review by Advisory Board
- July-August 2019: Revise plan based on input from Core and Supporting Partners and Advisory Board
- September 2019: Approval by Advisory Board
- The selected consultant will be paid up to a maximum $20,000 for services plus expenses for travel to the 2019 Annual Meeting. Expenses will be reimbursed up to a maximum of $1,500 for airfare, local transportation, meals and lodging.
- Applications must submit estimated hours per task listed in the Scope of Work, total estimated hours for the project, hourly rate and total estimated cost for services
To be considered for this contract, please click here to submit a brief proposal before the submission deadline, 11:59 pm ET on October 1, 2018.
You will be asked to respond to the following questions:
- Respondent name and contact information
- Describe your approach to strategic planning
- Proposed methodology to achieve the deliverables outlined above
- Budget: Provide total estimated hours for the project, hourly rate and total estimated amount requested. Attach total budget not to exceed $20,000. Please elaborate on total estimated hours for the project and per task listed in the Scope of Work and other expenses as needed. Travel expenses to NFSN Annual Meeting, April 2019 in Tampa, FL will be reimbursed separately up to $1,500 and should not be included in your budget.
- Commitment to attend and present at NFSN Annual Meeting on April 29 and 30, 2019 in Tampa, FL
- Experience and qualifications relevant for this contract
- Please indicate if you are or have worked closely with an NFSN Core and/or Supporting Partner
- At least three references from organizations you have worked with recently (preferably leading a strategic planning process).
Questions about this Request for Proposals should be directed to Anupama Joshi, Executive Director & Co-Founder at firstname.lastname@example.org.