2018 Michigan Good Food Summit
2018 Michigan Good Food Summit Topic: "Amplifying Voices for Equity"
Date: Monday, October 22, 2018
Location: Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center on Michigan State University’s campus
Registration is now open for the fifth biennial Michigan Good Food Summit.
The theme of the 2018 Good Food Summit is “Amplifying Voices for Equity.” This reflects a focus on programming that addresses equity issues throughout the food system, and especially equity issues affecting under-represented groups and communities. The day-long event will celebrate state and local successes, share tools and resources to catalyze progress towards a good food system in Michigan, and provide an opportunity to network with others from around the state and across the food system.
Highlights of the 2018 program include:
• Keynote address by Saru Jayaraman, President & Co-Founder of Restaurant Opportunities Centers United
• More than 15 interactive workshops, panel discussions and lightning rounds, including:
• Amplifying Unheard Voices Through the Media
• Uplifting Youth Vision and Leadership in Good Food Work
• Elevating Equity in the Food Policy Process
• Empowering Latino Farmers
• Scaling Your Food Business with Financing
• Keynote panel highlighting diversity of good food work going on in Michigan
• What does an equitable Michigan food system look like? facilitated visioning and story-sharing session
• Michigan Apple Crunch group crunch
• Performance by Manitou Wabanaisee (Spirit of the Snowbirds) Snowbird Singers, Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe
• Exhibit tables from an array of businesses and non-profit organizations
Explore the entire program and register for the 2018 Michigan Good Food Summit at www.michiganfood.org/summits.
|Individual Price||Varies ($35-$275)|