Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Handling Certification Coordination Assistant
About Northeast Organic Farming Association:
NOFA-NY is an organization of farmers, gardeners, and consumers working together to create a sustainable regional food system that's ecologically sound and economically viable. Through demonstration and education, we promote land stewardship, organic food production, and local marketing. We bring consumer and farmer together to make high quality food available to all people.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Handling Certification Coordinator Assistant working in our Binghamton, NY office. Annual salary up to $30,000 depending on experience along with annual pay increases. Benefits include healthcare, dental and 403(b) as well as generous paid holidays/vacation time. The Certification Coordinator Assistant is responsible to provide administrative support to the Certification Coordinators to ensure the timely intake and flow of certification applications through the entire certification process.
- Answer phone calls as needed and direct to the proper person; make a note of phone call/conversation and updates into database.
- Help respond to inquiries regarding the certification process, send out applications, and provide resources and support to farmers/processors as needed.
- Monitor mail and email to ensure requested information is received in a timely manner and is processed appropriately.
- Participate in the annual mailing of applications for renewal, and other producer communication and mails as necessary.
- Assist in data entry, and input or other tasks as requested by Certification Coordinators including archiving of files as appropriate.
- Adapt to duties and priorities between Certification Coordinators to ensure appropriate support is maintained.
- Follow up deadlines including applications, determination letters etc.
- Attend office trainings and meetings internally and externally - Field days, shadow inspection, NOFA-NY annual conference, IOIA inspector training.
- Perform additional duties and work on special projects as requested including providing support to Certification Assistant during peak periods.
- Associate’s degree in a related field, or 1-3 years experience in certification.
- Knowledge of organic farming/processing or certification, and familiarity with production systems, including vegetable, livestock, dairy, fruit, food processing production as applicable is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Good writing and communication skills.
- Good computer skills including a working understanding of data base programs, word processing, and email systems.
- Able to respond decisively, accurately, confidently, and courteously to client inquires.
- Ability to take direction and ensure follow through.
- Show initiative in providing support.
- Willing to work occasional irregular hours and travel as needed.
We offer a friendly work environment, challenging work, open communication, and commitment to a job well-done. For
information regarding our organization, please visit www.nofany.org. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to
email a resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com.
About the job
|Location||Binghamton, New York|
|Date||15 May 2019|