NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Colorado Food Systems Advisory Council Coordinator
Colorado State University is a land-grant university and its Extension program has an active Food Systems team that has supported COFSAC for over 10 years.
Colorado is home to a diverse agricultural and natural resource land base. Colorado agricultural products generate nearly $8 billion in revenues, with nearly two-thirds of this generated from the beef and dairy cattle industries. Additionally, over 35% of Colorado’s land resources are designated public land, which provides innovative approaches to managing plains and mountain ecosystems within agricultural, outdoor recreation, and tourism contexts. Even with a robust agricultural and state economy, hunger and nutrition insecurity and significant health disparities exist in Colorado. While Colorado’s white adults remain the leanest in the nation, Colorado ranks in the middle of all states for childhood obesity and people of color consistently report lower fruit and vegetable intake than White Coloradans as well as higher rates of food insecurity and chronic diseases.
This position will work to coordinate the primary activities of the Colorado Food System Advisory Council (COFSAC) that has a mission to advance recommendations that strengthen healthy food access for all Coloradans through Colorado agriculture and local food systems and economies (https://cofoodsystemscouncil.org/).
- Bachelor’s in any discipline plus 10 years exp. in food systems or policy related work OR Master’s or terminal professional degree plus five years food systems or policy related work.
- Specialization in area(s) relevant to food systems work, including but not limited to policy, food procurement, food business management, diet-based health programming and/or technical assistance to farm and food producers.
- Ability and interest in organizing and coordinating teams, task forces or similar groups to address current and emerging policy and programming initiatives.
- Experience and/or interest in engaging with diverse and/or under-represented communities and stakeholder groups relevant to food systems in the U.S.
- Evidence of, or potential for, developing programming and outreach that support multi-sectoral food systems goals.
- Evidence of strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
- Working closely with a number of Colorado agencies and organizations, this position will provide staffing, coordination and facilitate partnerships and collaborations to address the mission and activities assigned to COFSAC through its authorization.
- This position reports to CSU’s Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and will be supervised by the co-Director of the CSU Office of Community and Economic Development, a partner unit of Extension under the Vice President of Engagement.
- Coordinator will be the key contact point for five state agencies; supporting two-way communications.At the request of council members, coordinator will be asked to collaborate with other relevant community, industry and academic partners.
- Will coordinate intra-council communication task forces and committees.The nature of COFSAC is to better facilitate interaction among the key stakeholders in the Ag and Food sector to make programming in this realm more erective. Communication occurs across multiple platforms.
Compensation and Benefits:
$65,000 - 90,000 DOQ plus comprehensive benefits package.
Apply online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/69141
About the job
|Location||Fort Collins, CO|
|Date||17 July 2019|