Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN curates this all-access Jobs Board from more than a dozen other job sites as well as the COMFOODJOBS email list. We include positions from throughout the food chain that pay at least a living wage in their locale, and we emphasize opportunities that support local and regional food systems. Unpaid apprenticeships and internships are not included here.
Job Detail: Policy Associate - SNAP
The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) works to improve the food environment for all Americans. CSPI led efforts to win passage of the Nutrition Labeling and Education Act, Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act (to improve school food), Food Safety Modernization Act, Menu Labeling, and Food Allergen Consumer Protection Act. The Policy Associate will join our team to help identify and implement strategies to support healthy eating for low-income families, including through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). This position is located in Washington, D.C.
- Build strong partnerships with organizations, work with coalitions, mobilize grassroots advocates, and use social media in support of food and nutrition policies and programs.
- Lead statewide convenings and cultivate support for policies and programs from organizations, health professionals, researchers, and community stakeholders.
- Conduct qualitative data collection and analysis, including key informant interviews.
- Draft and edit project and grant reports, fact sheets, public comments, speeches, and other policy resources.
- Represent CSPI at meetings, conferences, and public hearings.
Advanced degree (e.g., MPH, MPP, JD) and at least 3 years of programmatic or public policy experience in food/nutrition/health; or Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of public policy experience in food/nutrition/health.
· Demonstrated commitment to public health advocacy and community engagement.
· Experience working with diverse stakeholders in an effective and professional manner.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak effectively and persuasively. Excellent research and writing skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and translate complex research, policy, and scientific documents.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent judgment and consistent professionalism, with the ability to take responsibility for multiple projects and deadlines.
· Proficiency with MSOffice applications. Proficiency with qualitative data analysis software a plus.
· Ability to work additional hours as needed.
Please email your application materials, which should include a cover letter indicating relevant experience and interest, and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “PA-SNAP” in the subject line.
About the job
|Date||20 September 2019|