Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Regional Body Coordinator
IFOAM North America is a new regional body of the world’s first international organization for organic agriculture. IFOAM NA’s Mission is to educate the public, provide a forum to exchange ideas and engage in North American-specific activities to advance organic agriculture and its principles, in partnership with IFOAM-Organics International and the global organic community. IFOAM NA’s mandate is to provide service and support to members in Canada, the United States of America, and the English-speaking countries of the Caribbean.
The Regional Body Coordinator reports to the IFOAM North America (IFOAM NA) Board of Directors to implement the IFOAM NA activity plan within the budget approved by the Board, to represent IFOAM in various venues; and to execute other tasks required to fulfill IFOAM NA’s mission and implement its strategic plan.
Communication + Membership
- Develop and implement a membership recruitment strategy to increase membership and revenue.
- Direct and oversee webpage development for IFOAM NA.
- Develop partnerships with aligned organizations to expand reach and maximize impact.
- Develop and manage all aspects of a 4-part webinar series with focus on strategic directions.
- Secure sponsors for webinars.
- Demonstrated commitment to IFOAM principles and organic agriculture.
- Experience with membership recruitment.
- Experience with educational program development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of Canadian-US international relations pertaining to organic agriculture.
To apply please submit a cover letter proposing how you would advance IFOAM’s priorities and implement the activities above, including the basis for compensation and evaluation, a resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals accepted until Jan. 3rd.
About the job
|Date||11 December 2019|