Food System Professional Employment Opportunities
NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
Job Detail: Food Hub Communications and Event Manager
The Communications and Events Manager will provide support to Field to Family by coordinating all organizational events and communications and ensuring the organizational mission, values and the community education and services Field to Family offers is incorporated in all messaging.
- Working with the Director and other staff members, manage all public communications from Field to Family and its programs: Certified Local, Farm to School, Farm Stand and Food Hub;
- Coordinate all Field to Family events and logistics;
- Manage and lead annual festival, advisory board meetings and “Local Food and Farm Guide” publication
- Write and Design regular communications to Field to Family Advisory Board, funding partners, community partners, program specific contacts and general supporters;
- Maintain and update Field to Family’s communications database
- Finalize Field to Family's marketing plan and update as needed;
- Incorporate organizational fundraising and development plan into marketing plan
- Maintain and update website, social media and other communications as needed;
- Maintain connections and professional rapport with Field to Family partners, colleagues and supporters.
- Maintain good verbal and written communications with supervisor, staff and external partners
- Assist with other Field to Family programs as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of three years experience working in a marketing related position;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to accomplish tasks and goals with minimal instruction and supervision;
- Ability to see the big picture while keeping track of the details;
- Lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Competent working with Google Drive applications, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Zoom and other new software/ applications as needed;
- Ability to interact with a diverse population of the public and work in various communities
- Team player and supportive of program and community development projects
Competitive salary based on experience and skill set, from $33,000 to $42,000, accompanied by health, vision, dental insurance packages.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, at least one writing sample, and three references to: Field to Family Director at email@example.com or by mail to PO BOX 93, Iowa City, IA 52244 by April 22, 2020.
About the job
|Location||Iowa City, IA|
|Date||12 April 2020|