NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Volunteer Engagement Assistant
About Casey Trees:
Casey Trees is a Washington D.C.-based nonprofit, established in 2002, committed to restoring, enhancing and protecting the tree canopy of the nation’s capital. To fulfill this mission, we plant trees, engage thousands of volunteers in tree planting and care, provide year-round education courses, monitor the city’s tree canopy, develop interactive online tree tools and work with elected officials, developers, and community groups to protect and care for existing trees and to encourage the addition of new ones.
The Volunteer Engagement Assistant is responsible for assisting volunteer events and educational opportunities throughout Washington DC. This position supports the Education Team to engage our internal and external stakeholders to promote our mission: to restore, enhance, and protect the tree canopy of the nation’s capital.
The following essential functions are representative of the Volunteer Engagement Assistant including, but not limited to:
- Assist the Volunteer Coordinator at all Community Tree Planting Events
- Supports the education team and other departments with other volunteer events including but not limited to tree care, tree pruning, and tree inventory as needed
- Prepare materials for volunteer events including training materials for community education
- Assist with communications between Casey Trees and volunteers, community members and partners
- Engage volunteers in Casey Trees’ mission by creating a meaningful experience including: forming relationships, providing customer service, and solving problems
- Prepare and give presentations at community meetings, events, workshops, etc.
- Create online materials for continued volunteer and community education
- Design promotional materials for Casey Trees events and classes as needed
- Implement programs at Department of Parks and Recreation sites and National Park sites throughout the District
- Other duties as assigned
- One or more years of professional experience in environmental education, horticulture, urban forestry, environmental studies, community development, or related field
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record
- A passion for and commitment to urban and community forestry and Casey Trees’ mission
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Excellent time management and punctuality
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Please enter Volunteer Engagement Assistant in the subject line of your message and email the following items to the Human Resources Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Résumé (if applicable)
- Available start date
- Salary Requirements
- Contact information for three references
About the job
|Date||11 March 2019|