NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Farmers Market Booth Manager
The Urban Canopy is a young and diverse organization working on cutting edge issues at the intersection of urban agriculture and sustainable food. We are seeking a skilled Farmers Market Booth Manager to represent The Urban Canopy at farmers markets by selling locally grown food at farmers markets, engaging in conversation with market-goers, networking with local vendors, educating people about & enlisting them for UC services, and performing community outreach. Booth Managers represent and maintain all of The Urban Canopy’s environmental, economic, and social missions.
- Preparing market, vehicle, and space supplies.
- Loading up market supplies and driving to market location
- Unloading market supplies at farmers markets and setting up the market booth
- Preparing the market sheet and maintaining clear records during market hours
- Interacting with customers, networking with vendors, and distributing community outreach materials
- Market booth breakdown and driving from market back to the space
- Unloading market supplies/restocking at the space
- Completing the market data and financial records
- Post-market clean-up
- Demonstrate punctuality and work well within a Team environment.
- Experience working farmers markets is not required but beneficial.
- Comfortable working in a high speed environment and able to multitask multiple assignments with a high degree of detail.
- Computer skills: POS systems, Google Docs Suite, and MS Office.
- Work well doing physically active work and capable of lifting up to 40 lbs.
- An ability to problem solve and work through unforeseen issues
Compensation and Benefits:
- Free food: includes surplus produce from our markets and CSA, and occasional product from our partners.
- Complementary CC membership: home pick-up option available only if employee lives within our service area.
- Eligible for Healthcare options after three months of full-time employment
Fill out Google Form, check box for Farmers Market Booth Manager, and attach a resume. Any questions about the process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the job
|Date||28 April 2019|