NAFSN regularly searches for food systems–related job opportunities from a dozen green job sites as well as COMFOODJOBS email list. Please note that this list is for professional or managerial positions only that pay at least a LIVING WAGE in your locale. Farm apprenticeships and internships are not included. Other farm management positions are welcome.
If you would like us to post a job opportunity, send details with links and contacts to: Duncan Hilchey
Job Detail: Event Coordinator
About Wright-Locke Farm:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Position opened until filled. EOE. About Green Mountain Farm-to-School Green Mountain Farm-to-School (GMFTS) is a dynamic nonprofit organization promoting the health and well-being of Vermont’s children, farms and communities. Our programs connect schools and farms through food and education. We do this by building school gardens, delivering local food to schools and institutions, and educating the community about healthy food choices. GMFTS is a fast growing and exciting place to be, with a number of initiatives that support employee health and wellness. To learn more about GMFTS’programs and initiatives, please visitwww.greenmountainfarmtoschool.org.
Private events are critical to our mission -- they help make the Farm financially viable and also share the
Farm with individuals who might not otherwise experience the joy of organic farming in New England.
Not everyone is looking to get their hands dirty but everyone can enjoy the beauty of Wright-Locke Farm!
Wright-Locke Farm is seeking up to three individuals to coordinate private events held at the farm. Events at Wright-Locke Farm have included everything from baby showers to weddings; brunches, rehearsal dinners, cocktail parties and formal sit-down dinners; dance parties for adults and teens. Events range in size from 20 guests to 200. Plus, we do corporate events!
Event Coordinators are the glue that holds it all together. Onsite from barn open till close, your duties will depend on the event and the client. You might be moving furniture, consulting on decorations, relocating the bartender out of the rain, hand-holding, or deciding where to set up the band. Regardless of the event, It is always a lot of fun and you will probably get your hands dirty!
Wright-Locke Farm is a historic organic vegetable and fruit farm located on 20 acres in Winchester, MA.
Private event rental includes our historic 1827 barn, corral and surrounding areas. Our private event season
runs May through October. Learn more at www.wlfarm.org.
- Event Coordinators are expected to handle a minimum of four (4) events, May-October; more events will depend on rentals.
- This position is a contract position, meaning you will be paid by the event. Event Coordinators earn a percentage of the rental cost; pay per event will range from $200 to $800.
- Events will be assigned based on a coordinator's availability. You will not be expected to cancel personal plans to handle an event.
- There will be 5-7 Event Coordinators for the 2019 season.
- The vast majority of events are held on weekends, most in the evening; events range in time from
four hours to all day.
- Event Coordinators must be 21 years of age.
- You must be on-site for the duration of the event, as well as during event set-up and clean-up.
- You must have your own dependable transportation (Winchester is on the commuter rail but the
farm is not walking distance).
- Excellent interpersonal skills a must! Background in event planning or coordination helpful but not
- You must be able to lift 30 pounds, climb stairs and be comfortable being around animals (farm has free-range chickens, penned goats, dogs, and a cat).
To apply for this position, please email a resume and short cover letter to: Amy Rindskopf, Event Manager, email@example.com
About the job
|Date||06 May 2019|