About Capital Roots
Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and
equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the
impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by
organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering
nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban
greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga
Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to
fresh foods and green space for all.
Provide event planning/coordination and solicit donations for all fundraising
events for Capital Roots.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
• Experience or aptitude for special events planning, and/or general
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced
environment, meeting multiple deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
• Must possess excellent computer skills (MS office products, web and
• Must be flexible and comfortable dealing with various constituencies
(including donors, volunteers, board members and constituents).
• Be committed to the mission of Capital Roots.
Organize details of three major fundraising events each year
• Negotiate with venue, entertainment and other outside support staff to
ensure event success
• Solicit in-kind donations and build relationships with the business
community, must be comfortable with cold calling and soliciting
• Coordinate mailings for events including creation of solicitation and
• Organize and maintain registration lists for events and ensure thank
you’s for every donation are sent
• Collaborate with event committees to delegate tasks through the life
cycle of the event
• Work with the Marketing Coordinator to develop printed collateral and
social media campaigns for events.
• Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and organize volunteers
to assist with projects and events.
• Coordinate, staff and support smaller events throughout the year
• Assist the Development Coordinator and other staff with various
program work as needed.
Salary and Benefits
This position is a full-time salaried position starting at
$12.00/hr. We offer fully covered medical insurance and partially covered
(50%) dental insurance upon hire (benefit valued at $7,500). In addition to
generous vacation time we observe 11 paid holidays – including three floating
holidays – and offer paid personal and sick leave. You also have the option to
enroll in our 403b retirement plan.
Send cover letter, salary history and resume to:
Jessica Trowbridge, Operations Manager
Capital Roots |594 River Street | Troy NY 12180
Or by email: email@example.com
NO CALLS PLEASE!
To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org. Capital Roots
is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a multicultural
organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position,
especially candidates of color. We encourage all qualified candidates to
apply. We will not discriminate in our hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity,
national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.