About Capital Roots
Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system
in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition
on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens,
providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural
education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany,
Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to
nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space
About the Position
The Development Coordinator will provide creative writing support
for grants, appeals and marketing collateral and will also spearhead the donor
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 2-3 years writing experience
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and attention to detail.
• Must possess excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office applications and web. Proficiency with Raisers Edge a plus.
• Be committed to the mission of Capital Roots.
• Provide creative writing support for:
◦ Grant narratives across Capital Roots’ 12 program areas
◦ Donor appeals, renewals and reinstatement mailings
◦ Personalized donor acknowledgments
◦ Donor and constituent focused marketing collateral and website language
• Grant management including reporting, tracking, and monitoring of grant cycles, deadlines and applications.
• Prepare and complete direct mail appeals including tracking success
• Donor stewardship tasks related maintenance of donor database and processing and managing correspondence pertaining to donations using donor management software.
• Other development work as needed.
This position is a full-time position (40 hours per week) paid at an hourly
rate of $14.00/hr. We offer fully covered high quality medical insurance and
partially covered (50%) dental insurance upon hire. In addition to generous
vacation time we observe 11 holidays – including three floating holidays – and
offer paid personal and sick leave. You also have the option to enroll in our
403b retirement plan. Flexible work environment.
To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org. CapitalRoots
is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a multicultural
organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position,
especially candidates of color. We encourage all qualified candidates to
apply. We will not discriminate in our hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity,
national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Rebecca Whalen, Communications & Development Manager
594 River Street, Troy NY 12180
Or by email: email@example.com
NO CALLS PLEASE!