About Project Bread
Project Bread-The Walk for Hunger is the leading statewide anti-hunger organization committed to providing everyone in Massachusetts with reliable, sustainable access to nutritious food. In collaboration with key partners, Project Bread takes a two-pronged approach to ending hunger:
- Provide immediate relief to those who are hungry today
- Eradicate the systemic causes of hunger
About Walk for Hunger
Project Bread’s Walk for Hunger brings together thousands of participants to speak up against hunger and raise needed funds to support hundreds of vital programs working to end hunger across the Commonwealth. On May 6, 2018, Project Bread will celebrate the 50th Walk for Hunger, and we are seeking candidates to join our campaign team during this exciting anniversary year.
About the Position
We’re seeking individuals who are passionate about social justice and
alleviating hunger. Walk for Hunger Campaign Associates are integral members
of a team responsible for achieving a successful 2018 Walk for Hunger campaign
and event. Employment in this position begins January 8, 2018 and ends May 25,
- Recruit, cultivate and motivate individuals to participate in and fundraise for the 2018 Walk for Hunger.
- Responsible for making an average of 50 outbound calls per day to recruit, motivate, and support Walk participants.
- Generate new leads for Walk participants and teams. Research, compile and contact leaders from local schools, places of faith, community groups, etc. to increase registrations.
- Establish and maintain daily phone, e-mail, and personal contact with participants and partners throughout the campaign.
- Encourage Walk participants to use online fundraising tools, providing support and assistance throughout the campaign
- Create and maintain thorough and detailed Raiser’s Edge database
records, accurately tracking Walk participants and interactions.
- Schedule, coordinate and give presentations about food insecurity and the Walk for Hunger to interested groups.
- Participate in pre-Walk events, including registration events, the Kickoff Breakfast, stewardships events, and other related events as assigned.
- Respond to all customer service calls and web-related inquires as needed.
- Perform warehouse support, materials fulfillment, and front office coverage.
- Work as event staff for The Walk for Hunger on Sunday, May 6, 2018, and assist with event prep on Saturday, May 5, 2018.
- Participate in the evaluation of the Walk for Hunger and all post-Walk follow-ups, including thank you outreach.
- BA or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior phone skills required.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Passion for Project Bread’s mission
- Maturity and cultural sensitivity
- Proven ability to manage projects both in a team-environment and independently.
- Ability to lift heavy boxes and operate machinery with training.
- Experienced in the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Word and Excel.
- Raiser’s Edge or Luminate experience a plus.
- A sense of humor!
The position is an hourly (non-exempt) position working 32 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch (the lunch hour is unpaid) and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Some early mornings, evenings, and weekend work hours that are in addition to the 32 hours per week are required for events, speaking engagements, Volunteer trainings, the Walk for Hunger and many other days the month immediately prior to the Walk.
The Associate position pays $16/hour with benefits. We offer competitive health and dental benefits as well as a subsidy towards public transportation costs. Campaign Associates are eligible for sick time, vacation time and holiday pay.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no