About The Center for Agricultural Development and Entrepreneurship:
The Center for Agricultural Development and Entrepreneurship (CADE) seeks a full-time Senior Program Manager to deliver an array of business development services to agribusinesses and entrepreneurs aspiring to develop or expand their operations each year through CADE’s Farm and Food Business Incubator (FFBI), in partnership with SUNY Cobleskill. Our goal is for farm and food businesses to compete and thrive, contributing to a sustainable regional food system and strong local economy. The position is based at CADE’s office in Oneonta, NY (www.cadefarms.org).
- Providing customized assistance to agribusinesses on business and financial plan development; marketing support; access to capital; food safety standards; rules and regulations; farm transition and farmland acquisition; industry-specific, market informed services; sustainable best practices, and other work to support thriving agribusinesses. Delivering the above services by:
- Organizing CADE’s annual workshop series and scaling it through use of technology--widening our client reach and impact.
- Providing one-on-one mentoring and consultation.
- Providing fundraising support and referrals to assist agribusinesses to gain access to capital--from identifying and promoting funding opportunities through CADE’s newsletter, to assisting partners with developing competitive grant proposals, to referring businesses to low interest loan programs, to investor/producer matchmaking.
- Working with the client from start to finish to manage all aspects of the FFBI program, from the FFBI web-based application system used for client intake, to processing requests, arranging meetings with clients, conducting needs assessments, providing technical assistance and/or referrals, etc.
- Initiating and managing relations with farm and food businesses, networks of service providers, and other food system stakeholders as the primary FFBI program contact
- Supporting concept-to-pilot value-added food production development assistance, including collecting/synthesizing market research; recipe development; facilitated scheduled process authorization; brand development; referrals to co-packing facilities for small batch production; and retail pilot of developed products in partnership with SUNY Cobleskill.
- Developing evaluation tools to assess and report on qualitative and quantitative impacts on programming as well as stories of change
- Supporting all aspects of program communications, from promoting opportunities to agribusinesses, to spotlighting client successes through CADE’s e-newsletters, social media, and traditional media
- Staying regularly informed of agribusinesses’ needs to inform CADE’s ongoing programs.
- At least 3-5 years experience in running a successful farm and food business and/or delivering services and solutions to agribusinesses with a demonstrated record of success.
- Knowledge of diverse, profitable agribusiness models especially those that aggregate products/commodities, such as cooperatives or brokerage models.
- Proficiency in business, marketing, and financial plan development.
- Experience with facilitating private and public investment in farm and food business operations.
- Comfort in developing or assessing profit/loss statements, setting financial projections, and advising clients on all aspects of finance and budgeting.
- Experience in managing client relations, overseeing consultants or other service providers, and/or engaging high profile stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation, mentoring, and leadership skills.
- Outstanding program/project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in Agricultural Sciences, Business, Economic Development, or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- Passion for excellence and a spirit of entrepreneurialism.
- Highly discreet in managing relations with farm businesses, including in financial matters.
- Self-starting, highly motivated, big picture-oriented while attentive to detail.
- Able to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to travel regionally to conduct site visits to area farms.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12, 2018. When applying, please include Senior Program Manager Application in the subject line. No phone calls please.
CADE is an equal opportunity employer committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. CADE prohibits discrimination against any employee and considers applications for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status,military status, height and weight, religion, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record,or any other legally protected status. People of color, persons with disabilities, veterans, women, and LGBT applicants are encouraged to apply.