About Forsyth Farmers Market:
The mission of the Forsyth Farmers’ Market is to promote understanding and participation in a local food system that supports sustainable production and increases access to local products.
The Forsyth Farmers Market is seeking a Farm Truck coordinator for our Farm Truck 912 program. Farm Truck 912, a farmers’ market on wheels, is a project of the Forsyth Farmers’ Market and primarily serves neighborhoods with little access to fresh, healthy food. The Farm Truck 912 coordinator will be responsible for the operation of most mobile market sites, coordination of associates or volunteers, procurement of stock and other duties that promote the success of Farm Truck 912.
- Work with Director of Community Programs to plan and schedule eFarm Truck 912 stops/events
- Work with Director of Community Programs to order all product/ maintaining proper food storage
- Receive, store and input data to Shopkeep application for all products
- Driving and maintenance management of 20’ step van (stick shift)
- Coordinate with the Education and Outreach Coordinator, and Director of Community Programs to plan and organize outreach and educational activities related to Farm Truck 912
- Promote FFM’s SNAP enrollment services and EBT doubling program; assist customers with SNAP applications/renewals
- Training/Scheduling/Managing volunteers to support Farm Truck 912 activities
- Coordinate with Americorps VISTA volunteer to manage social media/ marketing for Farm Truck 912
- Recruit for, and participate in Farm Truck 912 committee activities
- Other duties as assigned by Forsyth Farmers’ Market Executive Director, Board of Directors, or Director of Community Programs
- Experience working/organizing in a diversity of communities, especially in low-income communities of color (predominantly Black)
- Possess a strong understanding of food justice concepts, a nuanced anti-oppression lens, and experience in practically engaging in justice work in areas such as, but not limited to food, economics, race, gender, immigration, LGBTQ, ableism, etc.
- 2+ years experience working in retail, customer service, and/or business management at a managerial level
- Excellent organizational, writing and social skills
- Confident and impactful public speaking skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and documents
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and training
- Experience utilizing application software such as Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Experience using social media applications, such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Spanish Speaking preferred
Candidate must have a clean (no more than two moving violations in the past two years) driving record (will be checked) and current, valid Georgia
Driver’s License and must be able to drive a manual transmission (stick- shift). Candidate should also be comfortable with physical labor, working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, and able to lift at least 40 pounds of weight. This job is 32-40 hours per week. Candidates must be able to work evenings and weekends.
This is an hourly position with no benefits included. Compensation is $16/ hour.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org